Saturday, December 01, 2007

Song book

It is Saturday night. Tomorrow is Sunday morning, and I am playing the piano for morning service. I need to put together a song list. But my song book is so old and outdated, and I (and the congregation) am getting tired of the same old songs. The solution? Learn new stuff. This requires MUCH practice time. Then I have to teach it to the congregation. This also requires MUCH time (i.e. weeks). It is not a quick fix to a very tired list. I don't have boatloads of time to devote to learning lots of new songs. But the old ones are boring me to tears! GOD, please breathe new life into my very limited repertoire!! But more than anything, SEND YOUR ANOINTING! That is what I truly need. Your anointing. The anointing breaks every yoke! Is it possible to bring anointing to this old, tired song book of mine?? I just don't like to play with no anointing. It accomplishes nothing more than passing time. And while you're at it, breathe new life into the saints of God in our church... we all need a fresh anointing. We need to stop making excuses and become evangelistic, or God will use others who WILL. You are awesome Lord! I appreciate your grace and mercy!

4 comments:

Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Michelle, I want to say thank you for your post awhile back on the church in TN..I have been going there and listening to the sermons..very powerful stuff!

Michelle said...

I agree, Beth! I heard one of his messages where he referred to his meaty message as good ol' home cookin'! LOL!! He's SOOOO southern! The other church I love to listen to is at www.tpcmemphis.com . Pastor Terry Black is very very in touch with God and his preaching blows my mind... OFTEN! Excellent! My best friend goes to church there. Check it out! :) Nice to hear from you. Sorry I don't comment on your site much... I read it all the time and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for passing along another site!

Hey that's okay that you don't comment much..I'm the say way. I read alot of blogs but sometimes I just don't have anything to say.