Thursday, December 27, 2007

hanging around

Today has been a very peaceful day. Matt, Brianna, and Raven are back in Texas safe and sound. Al and Winnie both took today off (yay!!!!!), so Al, Jason, and the boys are at the swimming pool at the South Germantown rec dept. Winnie and I had such a wonderful time together, laughing, getting ourselves into "situations" involving the brand new dryer, and talking about our wonderful, merciful, gracious Savior, Jesus Christ. I am getting the bulk of our laundry done here so I don't have to spend $10 in quarters to do it at home. This way I can go home, and unpack the clothes directly to the dresser drawers. THAT is SWEET! Tonight we will have a nice quiet dinner here at the house with Al and Win, and pack up the truck for the drive home tomorrow. I kind of hate to be leaving, but it has been a fantastic time with our family! Next year, with any luck, Al and Win will be coming to Vermont for Christmas.... we'll see what the Lord has in mind.

Also, I've been online looking at the prices of different digital cameras, as ours has apparently given up the ghost. Hmmmm.... not going to be cheap to replace.... but my blog is going to suffer terribly without the pictures! *sniff*. Yes, I'm whining. We'll see. For now you will get the occasional cell phone camera picture, but they are not that good, and kind of expensive to be emailing to my computer. So that will only be on rare exciting occasions. Perhaps this will force me to become a better writer! If I don't want people to stop visiting my blog, I must become a more powerful writer to make up for the lack of visuals. *sigh*

Time to fold more laundry. Goodbye to all until we get home to Vermont! HA! It is snowing in VT right now, and I am not there! YES!!!!!!!! NO SNOW IN MARYLAND!!!!! I'm not excited to go home to snow......

1 comment:

Sandra Jones said...

Shell,
NOT FUNNY!!! I think deep down you REALLY LOVE SNOW!!! Anyway, just come home to VeRRRmont:)