Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day in DC

Ok, can I just tell you that I am exhausted? :-/ We spent the day in DC, walking around the Smithsonian. It was cold and wet. This time we went to the Native American museum (the boys were bored to death, but hey, we are trying to give them culture). My favorite part was seeing the bibles that have been translated into 75 indigenous languages. They make the most beautiful Bible covers out of beads and other materials like skins and such. Then we headed over to the National Archives to see the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. The best part of the day for the boys???

THE METRO! LOL! (click to enlarge map... red line from shady grove to metro center... then switch to blue line to get to Smithsonian). However, I will tell you that they had second thoughts as we took the Metro OUT of DC at rush hour! Talk about cramped! Like I said, we're trying to give our children culture! LOL!



Now we are home, chillin', all by ourselves, as Dad, Win, Matt, Brianna, and Raven have gone to a friend's house for spaghetti dinner. We had leftovers (there were PLENTY of those)... it was like a gourmet meal all over again! Now we're just relaxing. Matt, Brianna, and Raven are flying back to Texas early tomorrow morning, so we will have to say our goodbyes tonight. :( How do you say goodbye to this beautiful face?????


Tomorrow, I think we will be going swimming at the Germantown Rec Center (the boys will, anyway... not me!) I'll be here doing laundry, most likely. Al and Win both go back to work tomorrow, so it will be a quiet day. I am looking forward to getting home to my own bed, my own space.... etc. Although I absolutely love coming down here to visit. But there's really no place like home. I'm sure Dad and Win will be THRILLED to have their house back in a routine, no kids or grandkids.... peace and quiet!


Oh, I almost forgot to tell you... last night, we watched the movie called "The Nativity". Wow! Was it ever good! My boys really liked it. It made the whole story so very real. Now I have TWO movies I need to buy for our family... The Nativity and Facing the Giants. Both movies that glorify God and strengthen the faith of the Christian believer. Both excellent!

1 comment:

Sandra Jones said...

I can't wait until you guys come home. Hanging at your house has been fun. Especially, since I have had three movie nights in a row. However, it's not the same with out all of you. I'm starting to get bored so hurry back. I love you guys!