Friday, November 30, 2007

CARS

Okay. Those of you who really know me, know that I am not much of a movie person. I can name the movies I really like on one hand. So you will not be surprised to hear that I just saw a movie tonight that has been out for over a year now. I wasn't particularly thrilled about the prospect of sitting to watch it, but I was blown away by this movie!!!!! It is the story of Lighning McQueen (aka Jeff Gordon), and it has an incredible message!!! It was phenomenal! The details... the tiny, minute, details were of monumental impact! Not only was the NASCAR stuff down to the detail (boogety boogety boogety, let's go racing!), but the scenery and incredible detail of the land gripped me! And the reason??? I'VE BEEN THERE!!!!! Route 66, I-40, the Grand Canyon, the saguaro cacti, etc etc etc....... and the emphasis placed on the beauty of it all.... this movie is going up on my all-time favorites list (which is a very short list!).

Oh yeah, Click and Clack the Tappett brothers was a HYSTERICAL addition to the movie, for those who appreciate car talk on NPR radio! Don't drive like my brother! LOL!

My movie favorites list that I can count on one hand?

  • Facing the Giants (#1, hands down)
  • Apollo 13 (Tom Hanks is dynamite in this one!)
  • Mr. Holland's Opus (definitely a Kleenex kind of movie)
  • Finding Nemo (because I AM Dory!!!)
  • Cars (because I've been there).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're great...you already blogged about the movie. I'm glad you liked it. It was so much fun to have a dinner and a movie night tonight. And the pillow fight after was so much fun. Adam is GREAT!!! We should have more family nights after Dec 5, Thanks so much for having me over. I'll talk to you later.