Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stewardship

Hello all! Lest you think I am slipping into depression or something, I thought I would come on here and try to post something positive and cheerful! My mom called me and said, "I'm worried about you! Your blog is causing me concern." I'm fine, really! Struggling with finances like crazy, but otherwise fine. Jason and I had a long heart-to-heart last night (until 2am) and made some real decisions and committed to making a concrete plan to do something about the debt. It's killing us. So, don't worry about us... we're just working on our STEWARDSHIP skills. My pastor preached an AMAZING lesson this morning on stewardship. I am going to listen to the CD at least 2 more times, and let it really sink in. It was really good! So many times, we find ourselves "giving God" his 10 % tithe, and the rest is "ours". That SO limits what God can do in our lives. We should instead have the mentality that all we have we have received from God, and we are giving back to Him what belongs to Him anyway. I can't even put into words what he preached... it was so profound... I'll try to explain it better once I have listened to the message a couple more times.
Thanksgiving is coming! I have been thinking about what I have to be thankful for... the list is amazing! It makes me think of a song in our songbook...


Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your blessings, see what the Lord has done
If I named them one by one, I'd be counting for days and weeks and months on end! My God is faithful above all things! I have much to be thankful for... first and foremost... the CROSS. My salvation. Amazing.
Well, I'm gonna get my little men tucked into bed so I can read my Bible. Here is a very cool song by Carman about my Bible, and the children's choir is going to be learning this very soon. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Grammie Betimes said...

I so love your blog! Looking forward to the Childrens Choir singing this song! God is blessing you and your family, He is preparing you for great exploits in the Kingdom of God! Praise the Lord.

Michelle said...

Yes... the preparation phase is a bit trying........ AHHH! But I DO want to do great things for God!