Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I've been published!

Just in case you are wondering... I was getting bored of the way my blog looked... wanted a change. No worries! Same ol' me! Different template. :)

The latest exciting development in my life? I have become a published author... cool! My pastor has been after me for a couple years to WRITE for the kingdom of God. He recognized a gift I had. I was too busy raising my family. There is a online weekly magazine called 90&9 that serves as a forum and voice for Apostolic Pentecostal Christians around the world that he encouraged me to write for. "Yeah, yeah, in my spare time", I would tell him. LOL! Right! Then our friend Stu from the state of Georgia joined in the encouragement. Evidently, he became my "unofficial agent" (hee hee hee), as he wielded the editor's pen, per se, on one of my attempted writing projects. One day, however, I was moved to write and the words just flowed. I submitted the article, and a few weeks later, BOOM! There is my article on the website! What a neat feeling! If you are interested, you can read the article here.

Three days and counting until the BIG CONCERT! And the beginning of 5 busy days of camp! I am anxious to just drink in the Word of God, to be refreshed at the well, to renew the Spirit within me. I also want to see my boys receive the Holy Ghost, and build new and lasting friendships with other children in our district. I am very excited, and am going EXPECTING great things to happen in the Spirit! I'll write when I get back! Blessings!

1 comment:

kellycoxsemple said...

Meet-shell! How wonderful for you! Congratulations on being published. :-) I have to tell you I saw Kathy Troccoli in concert YEARS ago. She was the opening act for Take 6 (one of my favorite vocal groups EVER) at the Puyallup Fair in Puyallup, Washington. I think it was 1994. Small world, eh? Congrats again, and keep writing!