Sunday, June 05, 2005

What a difference a day makes

I suppose all the excitement from yesterday's balloon landing was to pump me up in preparation for the coming crash. I am reminded of Christian comedian Mark Lowry who reminds us that life is a series of ups and downs, and that Jesus promised us life (little ups and downs) MORE ABUNDANTLY (huge ups and downs). No, seriously, today was one of those days you just wish you had never gotten out of bed.

We were getting ready for church this morning, when the phone rang at 8:30. It was the sister of a VERY dear friend of ours, Julie, who is living in Florida. Her sister stunnned us with the news that at age 43, Julie has passed away. We were shocked and heartbroken. We headed out to church (quite late) anyway, and did our best to offer our praise and worship to our wonderful Savior who is so worthy of our praise in every situation. In the afternoon, Jason went over to Julie's mom's house to help her with the funeral arrangements. While there, his cell phone rings. It is his Dad in Maryland. "Jason, it's Dad. Your grandmother is in emergency surgery right now in St. Johnsbury and I need you to get up there right away until I can catch a flight from DC." Yikes. My husband is a very happy man, and he doesn't cry much. But he has cried a lot today.

What a difference a day makes......

But God is always good, and he works all things together for good to those that love the Lord and are called according to HIS purpose. I love my Lord with all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and all my strength. There is no higher calling in life than to live your life according to the Word of God... to surrender all of yourself to Him who created you and holds every breath you take in His hand. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. Today, I have allowed God to be strong in my times of weakness. I choose to be a Christian, nobody's making me do it! This is how I choose to live! Praise God!

No comments: