Sunday, June 05, 2005

No lack of excitement here...

Well... today was sort of an extraordinary day for us! Here's the scoop. I stayed up late last night... way too late! I was listening to another of Bro. Terry Black's powerfully anointed services online (click on 05/22/05 Sunday service). I was particularly moved by the testimony of Dorothy Johnson, an elderly lady who was attacked in her own driveway after arriving home at 10:00 at night. A man was hiding in her bushes, and jumped out and grabbed her purse. Her arm got tangled in the strap, and he thought she was struggling with him to keep hold of the purse. So he pulled out a .38 caliber handgun and from 4 feet away, shot her directly in the center of the chest. The bullet went in about 1/8 of an inch, then came out, ricocheted down her chest... left 5 bullet holes in her blouse, then hit the cement floor in her garage where they were standing and blew a hole in the floor next to her foot about 3-4 inches in diameter. Dorothy Johnson was uninjured. God was with her that night... He is SO FAITHFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sorry, got distracted from my original message here. ANYWAY, I was up way too late last night watching that service and testimony, but intended to sleep in Sat. morning. Well... wouldn't ya know... Nick came bursting in my bedroom at 7:45 a.m. hollering, "MOM! MOM! There's a hot air balloon in our yard!" Ya, right. Our backyard is FAR too tiny for a balloon to land in, Nick. "No, REALLY MOM! Come see! Get out of bed!" Grrrrrrrrr... I want to sleep in! OK. I went out back on the porch, and there before my eyes was a 60-ft high hot air balloon on our lawn! I apologized to Nick for not believing him, then ran to get my digital camera! Got about 25 fabulous pictures of them landing, letting the air out of the envelope, and packing it up and putting it in a bag (we got to help with that part... how fun!). There was a champagne toast on our lawn, with lemonade and cookies for the kids. What a cool way to start the day!

Then, after taking both boys to the dentist (Nick has TWO loose teeth!!) and cleaning up at church, I went to work at Hannafords scanning groceries. At about 3:40, my husband comes in with the boys to pick up fruit for the fruit salad he is supposed to bring to the Cub Scout picnic at 4pm. A quick hug, then off they go to shop. Three minutes later I hear someone hollering, CALL AN AMBULANCE! I look, and an elderly gentleman had fallen at the end of one of our registers and was bleeding heavily from his head. HEY! My husband is in the store, and he is an EMT! They call him to the front of the store, and I end up waiting on customers (in the express lane, no less) and taking care of my two children at the same time while Jason tends to the patient. The boys were awesome. My husband is now somewhat of a hero at Hannafords. The people who work on the front end are mostly teenagers and very young adults who sort of panicked and had no clue what to do. They were SO relieved when Jason arrived and took control.

Adam is now a bear cub in scouts... wow! Time is flying by SO fast! I took him shopping for shoes and he has gargantuan feet! QUIT GROWING, KID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... time for bed! Will write more soon!
Michelle

No comments: