Friday, November 24, 2006

Wonderful Thanksgving and 2 year anniversary

Well.... two days ago, a significant date passed by without my noticing. My first blog entry ever was on Nov. 22, 2004. So... it has been two years of sharing life as an apostolic mom up here in the great white north of Vermont. Cool! I don't have any idea what God is doing with this blog, but I do know that when I check my site meter, people all over the world are at least FINDING my blog! For example, in the past 3 months, I know I have had people in Germany, Turkey, and Hong Kong find the site, and in the past 10 days, people in Topeka, KS, Zanesville, OH, Windham, ME (cool, I went to St. Joseph's college there!!!), Norwalk, CT, and Boston, MA have stopped by to visit. How neat! I hope the Lord is ministering to people through this little corner of the web.

Anyway, I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Ours was wonderful, although we were separated from Jason because he had to work. The boys and I drove to MA with Jack and Julie, and we enjoyed a wonderful meal and lots of good fellowship! Ben and Stacy couldn't come either, because Elana is due any minute! Everytime the phone rang and said "Ben calling..." we all got excited and held our breath... maybe this is it! The baby is coming! Nope... false alarm. Poor Ben and Stacy. Will be soooo nice when Elana finally arrives!





Also, technology is a neat thing. My husband got sick of me not having a cell phone, and so ordered one for me without my knowledge. But.... I was able to do a neat thing! The phone can take pictures and short video clips and send them to another phone (who knew??). So, when our family held hands around the meal and sang the traditional Doxology, I filmed it on the phone and sent it to Jason, who also sent it to Ben, so they could feel a part of the family tradition! They were blessed! It was neat.

Plenty of other exciting family stuff coming up! First will be Elana's arrival! Then, Christmas will be here, and my mom and Ray are flying in from FL and Jason's dad and Winnie (and crew) are coming up from MD. Phew! It's going to be a scheduling feat to see everyone, esp. considering that Jason will also be working at rescue on Christmas day (yuck). Got to figure out where we will be opening presents that morning..... no matter, being with family is what really matters.

The children's choir at our church is now working on the song "Happy Birthday Jesus" for our Christmas eve service. They love that song! So do I. That is, after all, why we celebrate in the first place. Remember back in the 80's when they recorded that song "Feed the World"? I heard it today, and it really made me think. One line says, 'Do they know it's Christmas time at all?' Hmmm.... They (starving Africans) are struggling to survive day to day, not even THINKING about the commercialized holiday we celebrate here in America. They don't understand the presents, trees, lights, food, and all that. And there are also many who don't know about Jesus as well. They don't need to know about the commercial holiday... they need to know the ONE we celebrate on that day. So... maybe if you are not knowing what to give someone for Christmas, because they already have more than they need anyway, consider sending an offering to an African missionary in your relative's name, and put a card in an envelope on the tree to let them know. THAT is the kind of gift we should be giving , anyway.

Well, time to unpack and make some dinner for the kiddos. Nice to be home! I get the whole bed to myself tonight because Jason is working overnight... you can't understand this blessing, because you didn't share a hotel bed with a 7 year old BEDHOG last night! I am sooooo looking forward to my WHOLE bed tonight! *yes!* Signing off.....

1 comment:

Loee said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm Lois from Zanesville, Ohio and I want you to know I check your blog often because you are so uplifting in your writing. I too am saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost-filled and fire baptized and I love the Lord!

Keep up the good work. I was going through a dry spell recently and was encouraged by your blog.

Thanks,
Lois

P.S. I also have a blog, but it's not nearly as nice as yours. "Loee's New Life" at http://loeeslife.blogspot.com/