Sunday, November 26, 2006

My pastor the grammar freak

Ok... I need to set something straight here. I appreciate my pastor more than anything, but I must call him on something he preached across the pulpit this morning.

My pastor is a faithful reader of this blog, and occasionally mentions things in his messages that I have commented on here at northernapostolicmom.com. Today, however, he told the whole congregation that I, the teacher/speller extraordinaire had a misspelled word on my blog! *GASP* The horror! So of course, I had to rush home and micro-inspect my last two weeks worth of posts. I did find one error, using the word unaccessible instead of inaccessible, so I fixed that. But I couldn't find anything else wrong. Then my husband spoke to him on the phone, and pastor mentioned it was in the TITLE of a post. That's when I figured out what he was looking at. But what he doesn't understand, is that the spelling was INTENTIONAL!!!!! (click here to see blog post in question). Pastor, have you ever heard the teens/young adults saying "Thas amasing" in their funny little voice? Call Tyrel and have him say it for you. THEN you will understand. I DON'T MAKE MISTAKES!!!!! LOL!!! Just kidding! All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.... I am no exception. I forgive you for announcing my shortcomings to the entire church body. I will expect to hear a retraction next service! LOL!!!!!!!!!! You are the best! In everything, GIVE THANKS! I am thankful for such an awesome pastor!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I repent in sack cloth and ashes! And I'll eat bitter herbs. Would self-flagellation help?

No, I'm not up on all my slang terminology. I have to use the Slang Dictionary.

http://www.thesource4ym.com/teenlingo/

Aniweigh I hope ewe can fgive mee four beeing sich a gramer freek.

Your humble pastor. (toot, toot)

Michelle said...

LOL! That is hilarious! Thanks for the fun!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

nice. thanks for the use of my saying in your blog title! for the record tho, to correct you further(sorry), in step with the cantonese accent translation it is "o! das amasing!" i've seen a couple translations, 'tas' and 'thas'. i love how that little saying has gotten around so, and the gentleman who said it has no idea how 'amasing' it was! =)

Anonymous said...

was jest cruzin da blogs and ran across urs. das a great post got a good laugh. You do seem to have a great pastor with a great sense of humer. lol.