Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tough news from back home

The human spirit is an amazingly stubborn thing. It is driven by this force called PRIDE. WHY are people so stubborn and full of pride that they can't ask someone for help when they need it? I am not pointing a finger at anyone, because I am a #1 offender in this area. But it was a glaring reality this week when I received a phone call from a dear, dear friend whom I love very much. She and I grew up together and have been very close over the years, even though separated by many miles. She called me this week to inform me that she has been involved in a battle against cancer (among all the other battles she's confronted that I already knew about). She was diagnosed in September (I think). The doctors are pretty sure that surgery has taken care of it. She fought this battle mostly alone (except for her awesome husband and children) and just reached out to me here in mid-November. I do not condemn her or blame her... because I know. I've been there. When I was battling my depression, I fought alone for two years before finally taking the advice of my husband to get help and get meds to bring balance. Pride is an ugly thing. It does no earthly good, and only causes problems in the long run. Again, been there. I love my sweet friend dearly, and I will be here for her 1,000,000 percent! I have cried and prayed a lot over the past couple of days. My husband was interceding for her in prayer yesterday in the Spirit. I'm considering a weekend trip home.... I soooo want to be with her and be able to just love her and help her and minister to her. Just be there. So we can laugh, cry, and do whatever... together. I thank GOD for our friendship! She is awesome. Love you, my friend!

No comments: