Monday, September 03, 2007

Catch up news

My goodness... I hardly know where to begin. I have not been very good about blogging these days. With the return to school and routine, I guess blogging got left out of the schedule. :)

Being back to school is great! My boys are both liking their teachers and all (so far), and seem much more content now that they have some routine back in their life. I am also much more content being back at work. The teacher I am working with actually used to be my neighbor, and we get along great, so I am anticipating a really fun year!

Our family went to the fair on Saturday (Me, hubby, boys, and adopted daughter, the great Sandini). Jason worked lots of long hard hours on the EMS team at the fair to earn us 5 free passes, parking included, and wrist bands for the kids to go on unlimited rides. Lots of 18 hour shifts (12 at work followed immediately by 6 at the fair.... day after day after day). I love and appreciate my husband so much! He does so much for this family to make it all work. YOU ROCK BABY!!!! We wouldn't be attending the fair otherwise.... you need to take out a personal loan from the bank to be able to afford the fair these days!! Ridiculous.

Tonight at church, we had such a deep and powerful move of God in our evening service! Our pastor didn't even get to preach his message... God had other plans, which is fine by us! I love it when God steps in and disrupts all our pre-made plans and does what HE wants to do in people's lives. It's much more effective that way! Even Nick spent some time in prayer and felt the presence of God touch his heart. Neat!

My pastor is teaching a two lesson series during our mid-week services on the priesthood of Melchizidek... which probably means nothing to most of you, but I find it fascinating! Sandy gave me these weird eyes when I told her I was excited about it.... it was funny! She doesn't understand. I made up my mind a long time ago that I was going to totally sell out to Jesus Christ. I made up my mind to have NO gray areas in my life... either I live for Jesus 100%, or I walk away from it all and serve the world. I LOVE digging into the Word of God and learning all I can about the one who loved me enough to suffer death on the cross, just so I could live with him forever in heaven! He didn't have to, you know. But that is how much he loves me. And you. Anyway, this morning, my pastor gave me TWO 100 question quizzes testing your knowledge of the Bible from beginning to end. I love this kind of stuff! I finished the first quiz, and scored an 84... not bad! My two areas of weakness were: the minor prophets and the Gospels. My only problem in the gospels was this... for example... the parable of the sower can be found: a.) Matthew b.) Mark c.) Luke d.) all three. You see.... there were quite a few questions like that, and I have no idea how many times the same stories appear in the gospels, and which of the gospels they show up in! I tried to blame pastor for my poor performance on the minor prophets, stating that he doesn't preach enough out of the minor prophets. He agreed, but also was quick to point out that I don't study them enough, either. I hate it when he's right! JK! I don't. I now see my need to study the minor prophets more. There is much information about Jesus in these books, and I DO need to study them more! I haven't quite finished the 2nd quiz yet, I will post my score here when I do.

This afternoon we watched the movie, "Facing the Giants". It was so fabulous!!!!!!! I will definitely be purchasing that movie to OWN as a top notch family movie to be watched over and over and over again! God is so amazingly good!!!!

Anything else? We determined today that there are only 113 days left until Christmas! YAY! We are going to Maryland to spend Christmas with Jason's dad, and we are so excited! Actually, I just found a really cool site that counts down to Christmas how many months, how many days, how many hours, minutes, or seconds. As I type this there are 162,728 minutes until Christmas. And in seconds? There are currently (as I type) only 9,763,608 seconds until Christmas! WOW!

Okay. I suppose that is it for now because I am really tired (it's 1 am). There is actually so much more I want to write, but this post is already too long. I hope it didn't put you to sleep... I didn't even include any pictures for your enjoyment! (That makes my mom happy, because in VT she is on dial up!!). Sandy took a horrid picture of me at the fair, and has threatened to post it on Facebook.... I reminded her that I have plenty of bribery material pictures of her that I could post here for the world to see....... we'll see what happens. For now, good night to all and may God keep you in His care!

No comments: