Monday, September 10, 2007

Prayer

Okay. I haven't blogged about anything really significant in a few days. But I think I have something relevent to share today. It seems that for the past couple of months or so, our saints have been... well... a tad on the apathetic side when it comes to worship. Now, I don't mean that to be destructive. It is a cycle that most churches go through from time to time. It seems people just "show up" and take residence on the pews, while the service leader and worship leader try to lead the people into a place where they can worship God, but the people for whatever reason just don't seem to want to be led. Anyway, we decided that the answer to this is prayer and fasting. We began with prayer. The leadership hit the prayer room running, and took authority over some things, praying prayers of binding and loosing, and hit the sanctuary determined to worship God no matter what the congregation did. Well.... let me tell ya... it seems to have lit a fire in the hearts of the people, because they responded to the presence of the Lord and the Holy Spirit moved in a very wonderful way! Prayer. It truly is the answer to all things spiritual. Duh....

Also, at the end of the service, we sang a wonderful song that I love so much and I sang it over and over for the rest of the night, even tucking my boys into bed. This morning, on my way in to work, I was trying to remember it, and I couldn't for the life of me think of the words! AH! It bugged me all day! I couldn't wait to get home and get out my music binder and find it. Here it is...

Lord I've come to lift up your name
Lord I've come to give you all my praise
For you alone are worthy of all the honor and the glory
Lord I've come to lift up your name.

Ah...... it is such a worshipful song, and brings me such peace whenever I sing it...*contented sigh*

Well, that is all for now. I must finish dinner.

No comments: