Friday, September 21, 2007

Christianity and baseball

I have come to the conclusion that the all-American sport of baseball is contrary to my Christianity. It's ridiculous! I sat here at the computer this evening (because I don't have a TV) and YELLED at the screen (like the pitcher could hear me) and displayed MUCH carnality! I was so frustrated with the Toronto relief pitcher for HANDING the game over to the Yankees at the bottom of the 9th inning. Grrrr.... This game is NOT good for my Christianity. At least the Red Sox won, although it isn't much to brag about as they played the worst team in the league......



Anyway, baseball playoff season is generally an ugly time here in our house, as we are a divided house... 2 Yankees, and 2 Red Sox fans. It is this way in homes all across New England. It is just the way life is here. Just like we can count on the leaves to turn gorgeous colors here in the fall, we can also expect family members to turn on one another and get in emotional conflicts... over BASEBALL!! Ridiculous, but true nonetheless.



In other news in my life (yes, I have a life), my son Adam brought home a new thing yesterday.... a trumpet. Yes, if the drums weren't enough to convince our landlord we need to be evicted, this just might do it. Just kidding. We have about a dozen rules in place about when and where the trumpet can be played in this 6 unit apartment building. God have mercy... it's a good thing we have a good relationship with our neighbors! Adam is pretty excited about learning the trumpet. He's also doing really well with his Moo Gong Do training, and will be testing for his orange belt the end of October.



And now, a picture my mother-in-law sent me... which pretty much describes my reason for NOT blogging here lately...

I am honestly trying not to be so addicted to this blasted computer! I am afraid that I have a long way to go....

Anyway, that is all for now. The Yankees/Toronto game is now in the bottom of the 13th inning, when in fact it never should have gotten past the 9th! Argh! I need to go to bed. Pray for our family during playoff season! LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle you crack me up! My hubby watches all kinds of sports on tv and I can hear him "talking" to the players, letting them know how they screwed up and what they should be doing...yes indeed they can hear him,rofl.

♥ Beth

p.s. We're a Yankee's family here ☺