Sunday, September 23, 2007

Excitement

Let it be known this day that the Ziters do NOT lead a boring life! In fact, we have a pretty exciting and fun life! First and foremost, being a Christian is fun. But secondly, just living in general is fun! Life is a gift! This evening, we got caught up in some out-of-the-ordinary fun. We got home from church, and the boys were undressed and ready for bed. Sandy was here, and Jason was taking Lonnie home. Suddenly, Jason calls us and says, "Hurry! Get in the car and head to the park! DHART (medical helicopter) is getting ready to land in the field at the park!" SO.... we took the bait and ran out the door to the park. It was fun! We got to see their $10,000 night vision goggles (which they were using for this training landing), their $18,000 helmets with little $8,000 antennas on them (Ronny King would have a stroke if anyone dared TOUCH an $8,000 ANYTHING!). Then they got a call to go to Concord, NH, so they took off. It was neat. Home and tuck the boys in bed. There is more to the story, but I don't think I will share that right now. I have my dignity to think about! But suffice it to say, that not everyone lives in the moment like that... they are too "scheduled" and "preplanned". Yes, my boys probably should have been in bed on a school night. They usually are. But this one time, they had a ball and learned a lot! There is something to be said for living in the moment! My boys will remember this night and smile when they are grown up. So will Sandy... of course she's already grown up, but she still laughs about the night last month when she and I were hiding out on my porch at 3am watching the police with their police dogs searching for a bad guy in my back yard! She likes our exciting life, too! LOL!


By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!! I am 41 today (it's after midnight, so I can say that... even though I began this post well before midnight). So....

There is so much more I could write... but it's 12:30 am on a school night. I need to turn in! Be blessed!

2 comments:

Loee said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Michelle and many more! God is truly blessing you and will continue!

Lois :-)

Anonymous said...

Aww nuts I missed it..I'm a day late! Anywho..Happy Birthday Michelle!