Thursday, July 14, 2005

This post is purely for my OWN benefit. I am working through some fear.

I am hearing rumors that are making me fearful. Our new landlord (who has yet to even come show his face around here in the 3 months since he bought our buildings) just jacked our rent up $65 per month, and rumor has it that in January it will be going up another $100 MINIMUM! I can guarantee you that the families living here with young children can NOT come close to affording that kind of rent. I am fearful.

But the Bible is clear. 2 Tim. 1:7 says "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." 1 John 4:18 says, "There is no fear in Love, for perfect Love casts out all fear." So, as a Christian, why am I so afraid? After all, the Bible also says in Phil. 4:19, "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

I can tell you why I am fearful. It is because of the verse found in Mal. 3:10. "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." We are NOT faithful to pay our tithes because of our spirit of fear. Fear that if we DO give the money, which OBVIOUSLY leaves us very short with regard to rent and all other bills, that the money will NOT come... that blessings may come in other forms, and not in the form of the CASH we desperately need. I am desperate to overcome this fear. I am desperately afraid because of the foolish spending habits that happen in our household. Here are some more verses I will pray and stand upon...

1 Peter 5:6-7 "Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of GOd, that he may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for he cares for you."

Matt 6:31-33 "Therefore, take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? or what shall we drink? for wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father KNOWS that you have need of these things. But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

If we have to move out, I will be heartbroken. I love it here! I don't want to leave. God, please make a way where there seems to be no way. Help us. We will do our part. Please help us.

In Jesus' name,
Michelle