Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lazy days of summer

After all the hectic pace of getting ready for and going to church camp, I have a week of down time that is just so beautiful! The boys and I have been sleeping in and just chillin'. Yesterday we went to a local campground to visit Jason's cousin Mike and his family. Adam and Nick don't get many opportunities to visit with Casey and Ryan, as they are from Massachussettes. So we went up to the campground and swam in the pool and had dinner and just had a wonderful time visiting and reminiscing and catching up on life. Ahh, the wonderful days of summer.

Today, we are going to a state park on the lake for a picnic lunch with Jack and Julie. It's going to be a wonderful time! Temps are in the upper 80's and sunny sunny sunny!!!! I am really looking forward to time with my sweet mother-in-law! I love them both so much!

Tomorrow, it's back to the campground for a day with Mike and family! I know we are doing something every day, but it doesn't feel busy. I'm not rushed or pressured to be anywhere at any certain time. There are no pressing responsibilities... just fun! Life is good. But without Jesus, life is nothing... empty. Even when you do all the "fun stuff", there is still an aching emptiness.... I'm so thankful for Jesus!!!

Have a great day, y'all!!!
Michelle

No comments: