Tuesday, August 14, 2007

north, south, east, west

Okay... it's late, and I know I need to be in bed. But I can't stop thinking about what I heard tonight... the incredible amazing-ness of my God. So I have to blog it.

There was a speaker at NAYC this year who was sort of a stand up comic. His name is Jeremy Foster. He has a regional television show down in the LA, AR, MS area. You can go to his website http://www.jeremyfoster.org/ to watch many of his shows in their entirety. So tonight, that is what we did. One of his shows was called "Do Over". It was about forgiveness... how God gives us a "do over" and wipes away our sin and removes it from us as far as the east is from the west. That is something we church people hear quite often. But I have very obviously never sat down to THINK about that. Because Jeremy DID think about it, and his explanation blew me away! He said:


Why did God use east and west instead of north and south? I mean, what's the difference? They are both opposite of each other. But when I really sat down and thought about it... if you travel north, say to the north pole... you will eventually hit the pole, and then begin travelling south. And when you hit the south pole, you will begin going north. BUT... if you travel east... you will continue to travel east FOREVER unless you TURN AROUND and go west. East goes on forever... you never REACH west. You can't say that about north and south on our planet.


How amazing is that? Think about that one for awhile. I had to get it out and on the blog so I can SLEEP. Check out Jeremy's website when you have the chance. He's funny, but extremely relevent and to the point.

No comments: