Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day 5 in Arizona

Well... today is the day we said goodbye to the canyon. We packed the car, had breakfast, turned in the room keys, then stopped at the general store gift shop for last minute souvenirs.

We stopped at Mather Point on the way out for a final look. This is the same spot we got our FIRST look at the majesty of the Grand Canyon! WOW!
It was a L-O-N-G drive from Grand Canyon to Tucson, but the boys did really, really well! We went through Sedona (absolutely GORGEOUS), the red rock canyon. It was so beautiful!




We stopped there for lunch and ate at a place called "The Hitching Post" restaurant. They had tables outdoors and lunch was delightful!

While we were eating, we heard a jingling sound. A cowboy with spurs went by and the boys started singing:
I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
As I go riding merribly along. *heehee*
Back in the car, heading south. We hit Phoenix during rush hour traffic, and I needed a valium. I HATE city traffic!!!!!! Once we got through that, the drive to Tucson was smooth sailing. We drove by a cotton farm, a pecan orchard, and an Ostrich Farm! That was really cool!
We reached our hotel about 6:30 pm, and it was CLASSY! Here are a couple pictures:
Inside our room
The view directly out our door in the center of the hotel.
The pool in the middle of our hotel.
After being in the car for so long, we all hit the pool! It was a heated pool, which is kind of weird, because when it is 90 degrees, you want to COOL OFF!!! But it was still very relaxing.
After our dip, we went to a chinese restaurant called Panda Village, which was nice. We called Gary and Donna to set up plans for tomorrow. Jason and the boys went to bed, and I stayed up until 1:00 AM fighting with the computer, posting on my blog (just like tonight!!). As I shut down the computer (I was working out by the pool, not in my room), a voice called out from the dark on the other side of the pool. "Excuse me... Can I talk to you?" She startled me!! It was a young girl named Ali (age 24) who just needed someone to talk to. We talked for about 20 minutes, then went our separate ways. I hope I was a good listener, and pray she heard what she needed to hear.

No comments: