Saturday, August 26, 2006

Unfair

God never said that life would be fair. It's not. It rains on the just and the unjust. But when innocent life is taken because of another person's uncontrollable rage and stupidity, it infuriates. My heart is hurting in an unimaginable way. I've never experienced this kind of emotion. It is scary. It is hurting many people around me. But through it all... through this storm, the still, small voice of God speaks to me and says,
"I'm here. I'm the God of all comfort. I'm the God who speaks peace, and the storm is quieted within you. Within you.... not around you. Look to me. When your burdens are more than you can handle, lay them at my feet. My burden is light. Cast your cares on Me, for I care for you. You are my child and I love you. You must forgive. If you do not forgive, then I will be unable to forgive you your trespasses. Do not let hate and anger take root and become bitterness in your heart. Forgive."

Casting crowns sings a song that I like, but it has never had more intensely personal meaning to me than now.
I'll praise You in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm.
copyright 2005 Casting Crowns - Reunion Records