Monday, August 07, 2006

Dead ants, dead ants, dead ants....


See this gross picture? This is a pic from the internet, however, this is what my kitchen looked like today. We are under attack! I killed probably 700 or more ants on my kitchen counter alone. After that, I tried to find their entry point. I lifted the carpet by my back door, and found about 400-500 MORE ants scurrying for cover. Ahhhh! So... I went to the store and bought myself a small arsenal... borax, ant traps, hot shot ant killer spray that is supposed to work for 12 weeks (therefore, you do NOT spray countertops, tables, etc.). The Great Sandini (my adopted daughter... hee hee) was here to help me. She is the one who stopped me from spraying my counter with the 12 week killer spray (good thing someone read the label!!!) She also saved my fish Toby because I forgot to close the bedroom door, and the label says, "Cover aquariums before spraying". Duh. My boys would never forgive me if they came home from cub scout camp to find that mom had killed Toby with ant spray. Anyway, I will keep you abreast of the war against ants. I have the creeps so bad. Every time the smallest thing brushes up against my arm, I think it is an ant crawling on me!

Today was a pretty laid back day. I did get the dishes done, but that is about it. It felt so good to know that I didn't HAVE to do anything if I didn't want to! But have no fear... I will have to do it eventually, so tomorrow sounds like a pretty good bet that I'll be cleaning out! *sigh*

Here is the official countdown...
23 days until school starts
48 days until I turn forty.
The good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, time to go get into the Word. He is the answer to all my troubles... even ants. He grants me patience and builds character when I have to deal with things like that. And he laughs, I'm sure! In the words of Ken Davis...
ANGELS! C'MERE! HURRY!
LOOK AT THIS IDIOT!
Sandy and I watched one of his DVDs tonight and had a great laugh! God is the author of joy. He wrote in His word (Prov 17:22) "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." I may be getting old, but I refuse to let my bones dry up for lack of joy! God must weep when we wake up worrying about how to handle the stresses of the day, when all the time, His Word sits there beside our bed, holding all the answers, and we don't even take the time to read it and draw our strength from it. I'm guilty as charged many, many days. So I will sign off for now, and go spend time with my Friend!

No comments: