Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday musings

Okay... no pictures today. Today has been a blessing. I played the piano at church this morning. Those who know me well know that I struggle in this area. It was never a struggle when I was the lead musician. But now, I have to kill the flesh and lay down the attitude at the foot of the cross every time I am asked to play on a Sunday. I don't get it. It is a constant spiritual battle for me. Anyway, I crucified the attitude and we had a very nice time of praise and worship this morning. Then I went down to sit in on my husband's lesson to the teen class. It was excellent! He started off by asking this question.... "When the battle is over, will you still be standing? Will you still be standing FIRM?" The lesson was on the armor of God, and he had the teens involved and laughing. They were really relating, and really getting the visual images Jason was trying to get across to them. Well done, honey!! If it ministered to no one else, it ministered to ME!

Then this afternoon I took my boys to a birthday party. It was a pool party. It was pouring rain... POURING!!!! But they didn't care! In the pool they went! LOL! I went home and typed up 16 pages of my music notebook. It is a seemingly endless task!

When I picked up my boys, I was going to whip up some quick box mac'n'cheese for them for dinner before church. But 30 seconds after I put the pan on the burner, the power went out. Power was out all over town! No one seems to know why. So much for mac'n'cheese. So the great Sandini offered to take us to McDs. Guess what? They had no power, also. Grrrr. So we stopped at Hannaford (they had no power, but were operating on generator power) and bought frozen dinners to throw in the microwave at church! Good thinking!

Tonight, my sister-in-law Stacy was in church for the first time since her emergency appendectomy. It was so great to see her! I took her 3 year old son Michael to sit with me so she could relax and focus on the message. I'm sure it was a good message..... I forgot how you totally miss everything when you have a small child in the pew with you! LOL! I love that kid, though. This just goes to show me that I should not take the good behavior of my older children for granted! After church, everyone hung around for a long time, just wanting to fellowship and be together. No one really wanted to leave. Sandy came to our house and we listened to Pastor's message from this morning. It was EXCELLENT! I hope it gets put up on the church website in the audio library! It was about the Word being fruitful or unfruitful in your life due to the condition of the soil you give it to grow in. Wow. Deep stuff.

And now? It is very late. Time for bed. Tomorrow is my last day of summer vacation! I go back to work on Tuesday. YEEE HAAA! Income! I love my job. I am ready to go back.

Countdown? 35 days till 40! *sigh*

No comments: