Monday, July 17, 2006

Life Update

Well, I hardly know where to start. It's been a LOOONNNNGGGGG couple of weeks, and my brain is pretty much on overload. Since we've been home....

Thursday was the first day in about a month that I had NOTHING on my calendar, so you know what I did???? NOTHING! My pastor tells me that rest is a spiritual thing. I concur wholeheartedly! Friday the boys had dentist appointments (no cavities) and then we went back to the campground to swim one last time with their cousins from MA, before they head home. It was HOT... like 93 degrees, so the pool was a refreshing thing indeed.

Saturday, I had the privilege of going to another family reunion, this time on my mom's side of the family. I went without hubby and boys due to scheduling conflicts. I rode with my mom and Ray, and my brother caravaned with us on his Harley. The occasion? Aunt Anne's 90th birthday! She was awesome! She never came up for air! She can talk a blue streak, and has a VERY good memory for a 90 year old who has had a series of mini strokes over the past few years. She was delightful! I have a few pictures, but they are on my hubby's laptop, which currently is being obnoxious, because it will NOT connect to the internet. SO... until we deal with that, I can't put up the pics. I will tell you though, I got a hysterical picture of my blind, 89 year old grandfather sitting on my brother's Harley! He was such a riot! He hopped on that thing like he was 25 years old again, grinning ear to ear. My grandmother was totally unimpressed (disgusted, really). You'd have to know her to appreciate that statement. Whatever. I love my grandparents to pieces, and after losing Jason's grandmother, I couldn't wait to get to this reunion to tell them so, and give them both a few big hugs! My grandmother's health is not good at all. She looked awful, really, at this gathering.... tired. I would be too if I were almost 89!

Today was day one of swimming lessons for both boys. They had hours and hours of practice time in the pool at the campsite last week, so they should do very well this year in lessons.

My step-sister who brought me to the Lord 14 years ago is up from Florida with her family for a week. They just arrived last night. I can't wait to see my neices!!!! It's been quite a while since we've gotten together. Should be a fun week!

Hmmmmm.... have I left anything out? OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could I forget????

Bro. Jim Nevius and his family were in church yesterday on their annual family vacation from Metuchen, NJ. We just love having them come and worship with us! Bro. Nevius's preaching was dynamic and anointed, deep and heart-changing. His morning message was about revival, and his evening message was about STAYING in the church... that is where we belong if we are going to make it to heaven. Both messages were outstanding. Sis. Nevius sang "My Redeemer Lives" (Nicole C. Mullen) in the morning, and "Held" (Natalie Grant) in the evening. What a voice! Her singing is powerful and anointed. And their daughter Joanna is so cute, worshipping with all her strength (she's four). In fact, everyone worshipped with all their strength, despite the 90+ degree temperatures (our church is NOT air conditioned). God moved in a wonderful way! It was great!

Okay, now I'm done. Time to do some laundry. (I hear my air conditioned bedroom calling me away from that hot, nasty responsibility). I got two books from the library today that I have been wanting to read for a long time... Philip Yancy's "What's so Amazing About Grace?" and Max Lucado's "It's Not About Me". What better way to spend a HOT afternoon, curled up in an air conditioned room with a good book? Yes, and folding laundry in between. *sigh* Later.

No comments: