Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hello all! Lots to chat about today. Let's start with my visit with my step sister and her family yesterday who are up from Florida. We got together at my mom and Ray's camp for the day (it was perfect, sunny and 76 degrees, with a gentle summer breeze). Everybody wanted to go out on the pontoon boat. It can only hold 8 people, and we had 10 of us. So Jody (my step sister's husband) and I opted to stay ashore while they all went out. It was just the two of us for a little over an hour. We talked about EVERYTHING, all of it having to do with church, Christian living, endtimes, the Word, children needing the Holy Ghost, revival, etc. etc. etc. It was so spiritually uplifting, and I was so encouraged! He did tell me about a dream he had that was terrifying, and it did leave me pretty unnerved, but my husband and I talked about it, and I prayed about it (earnestly), and will continue to pray about it, until I have some peace of my own. Once they got back with the boat, my step sister Bobbi Jo and I had a wonderful visit of our own, talking about Bible studies, and about family stuff.

So, if that wasn't uplifting enough, we came home from camp to have a life group leader's meeting at our house. The topic? Revival! VERY lively, everyone very involved, and again, very uplifting and encouraging. I discovered a hidden talent of Matt Malone... he can do a PERFECT imitation of Bro. Lee Stoneking! It was hilarious! Anyway, I've been thinking since our life group ended...... yes, thinking. Dangerous. But seriously... I brought up a topic at the end that I think warrented MUCH more discussion, and perhaps should be discussed further at the next gathering. All of our revival discussion focused around reaching adults. I suggested that CHILDREN need the same focused evangelistic attention as adults. After all, if Satan can get ahold of this generation of children, (and he is making a valiant effort), then the church's next generation will be lost. Perhaps it was dismissed because we were out of time. But, I would like to see the church spend money to bring in children's evangelists like Bro. Squires or even Sis. Tammy Griggs! There are people out there with excellent children's ministries, and our children need preaching on their level as much as adults do. In the gospel, when the disciples were arguing amongst themselves about who was the greatest, Jesus placed a child in the midst of them and said basically that if they didn't become like a child, they would in no way enter the kingdom of heaven. He also said, "Let the children come to me, for of such is the kingdom of heaven." If we do not reach the children, Jesus will not be pleased. I will be praying about it fervently.

What else? Oh... my brother-in-law Ben sent me a cool picture that I in turn sent to another of my brothers-in-law who happens to be a lobsterman in Maine. Check this out!



I thought it was cool! Someone definitely had too much time on their hands when they created that.

Well, I suppose I should get busy doing... something. I don't know what. My house is clean, and my laundry is done. Guess I'll go read. I'm currently reading a book my friend Sandy loaned me called "Gianna... aborted and lived to tell about it". It is a very powerful story, invoking many emotions. Time to read! Talk to you later, I'm sure!

No comments: