Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finally home!

Wow! It's so good to be HOME! We have been gone for 11 days, and it feels like forever! But we have had an excellent time! I already told you about the first six days (church camp). Now, here is "the rest of the story".

We came home from church camp on Thursday, and actually stayed here at home that night. Friday, we hooked up the camper and headed to a local camping resort for the family reunion that was planned for Julie's side of the family. It's original purpose was so that the entire family could come together one more time to spend some quality time with Rheuby, as she wasn't getting much better. Unfortunately, she didn't make it, but we had the family reunion anyway, and it was so comforting to be "together" as a family during such a difficult time. The kids practically LIVED in the pool, and the adults had GREAT quality family time, laughing and just loving being together. The funeral service was very nice, with Jason and Ben both reading scripture. The chapel had a GORGEOUS view of the mountains, and after the graveside service, Roy, Shawn, and Terry all played guitar and sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken." Again, lots of tears and smiles, knowing how pleased Rheuby would have been! This is indeed a wonderful and very special family I was privileged to marry into!

After 11 days of being gone, my children and I are a little ornery and crabby. It will feel SO good to sleep in my own bed in my air conditioned room after a WONDERFUL shower! I feel so clean!!!!! No more sunblock, bugspray, sweat, and general grime associated with camping! And NO MOSQUITOES IN MY ROOM!!!!!!! Halleluia!

Really, it has been an awesome time! I feel like I really got to KNOW some of the family better this time around, because we were together for so long. Mike and Gina are awesome to hang out with, and I met Jay and Pat from Montana this time around! Also, Terry and Colleen came from Colorado. Was really great to get to know them, too!

Ok, done rambling, I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy beyond exhausted. Time for BED!
Love y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally got caught up on more of your blogs. Thanks for also welcoming a newbe! I love you, Sis! You mean a lot to me! Thanks for being a friend!