Tuesday, April 25, 2006

New Christian friends

Well, I survived a pirate party here, and now Nick has an invitation to another pirate party this Saturday... argh! The fun continues. But this one is at a bowling alley, so it will be much different from ours.... hard to dig up buried treasure in a bowling alley!

Today we had no water for about 5 hours, as the water dept was replacing a fire hydrant on our street. So, we made the best of it, and took off to visit with new friends at the local Burger King play place! The kids had a blast playing with new friends, and the grown ups thoroughly enjoyed talking to other grown ups! One of the ladies I met attends a local church, and we were able to talk about God for a bit... it is so refreshing to be able to be open about your faith with someone! It encourages me to be more open ALL the time, even if the other party is not receptive. God is quite clear that if we are "ashamed" of Him, then He will be "ashamed" of us. I don't want that! I love my Jesus, and want EVERYONE I know to know Him and love Him as much as I do! It is hardest, I think, to talk to people who say they are Christians, but know little to nothing of what His Word has to say, and live their lives in opposition to what His Word commands and requires. The Bible is clear that in the last days (and we're definitely THERE) there will be those who have a form of godliness (claiming to be Christians) but denying the power thereof (the power of the Holy Ghost). It makes me more determined than ever to keep sharing my faith in Jesus with everyone I come into contact with. I know I am not perfect... far far from it, in fact. I sometimes wonder if the mistakes I make in my own life cause others to NOT desire a Christian lifestyle... God have mercy. Forgive me for my shortcomings, and take over in your strength where my weakness leaves off. It's all about You, Jesus! When all is said and done, nothing in life matters outside of a relationship with you. When we die, we can bring NOTHING with us but our relationship (or lack thereof) with You. I will NOT be found lacking! I choose to serve you with all my heart, Jesus!

No comments: