Monday, April 24, 2006

God hears, and God cares

I have to tell you what happened to me at church last night. During the singing and worship, I didn't do too much singing, because I was too busy having a "chat" with God. I was asking him questions that I needed honest answers to. I was telling him about the struggles I was having. I told him it would be so much easier if I could get an answer from him audibly, you know, like when you have a conversation with another person... I ask, you answer... right away. Ya know? So, when Pastor got up to the pulpit to preach, he said, " I've never done this before, but the message I have prepared for you is NOT the message that God wants preached tonight." Then he looks at Matt (another minister in our church) and says, "God tells me YOU have the message." And he walked down. Matt was standing there shocked. So up to the pulpit he went with NOTHING prepared... all he had was 4 words from God... "the point of breaking". He just went with it.

He answered EVERY SINGLE THING I had asked of God... right there. To the T. And God spoke to my heart and said, "There, I answered you audibly." I just ran to the altar and burst into tears. It was so totally cool to know that God heard my prayers and cared enough to interrupt what Pastor had planned just to let me know he hears me and loves me! How excellent is that??? What an awesome God we serve!


Well that is it for now. This is spring vacation week, so we are HOME all week. Adam has a friend over... they are playing BattleBall... the football game of the future. Nick is having a "lunch date" on the stone wall with Taylor from upstairs. Our water is being shut off tomorrow so they can replace a fire hydrant on our street. So I need to tend to laundry and dishes in a big way today. Talk to y'all later!

No comments: