Thursday, May 12, 2005

Reminiscing

When my oldest son Adam was born, we were the typical first-time parents... "If you want to hold the baby, wash your hands first." We boiled the pacifier every time it hit the floor. We bleached the toys on an every other day basis. You know the drill. We also bought a camcorder and filmed endless hours of "baby footage" that anyone other than mom and dad would consider boring to the point of death. Unfortunately, when Adam was just over one year old, he brought death to the camcorder by grabbing the recharge cord and pulling it onto the floor to its untimely demise. We've never since had the ability to watch these videos without an 8mm camera to run the little tapes.

I just recently found someone with an 8mm camcorder who was willing to transfer my countless hours of "baby you're a star" onto VHS. WOW.... talk about a time capsule! We have enjoyed watching him grow up all over again ... and Adam (who is now 8 1/2 years old) thinks it is a RIOT to watch himself as a baby! So many things you FORGET!! The sweet little coos and the hilarious hiccups, and the funny noises and peekaboo games... seeing all your "favorite outfits" on your little one, and the day he learned to give dad zerberts! THAT was hilarious!! It has been really fun! My biggest regret is that we have ZERO footage of Nicolas because of his big brother's destructive capabilities. And you can never go back... oh well. I am hopeful that one day in glory, Jesus will replay my life for me, and I will get to relive Nick's young years again in that day.

For now, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to my neighbor's dad who was willing to spend hours recording so we could be SOOOO blessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are appreciated more than you know!

Michelle

No comments: