Monday, May 16, 2005

Just a thought...

I have been thinking today (scary, I know). My pastor said something this morning that made me think and take inventory (isn't that what is supposed to happen?). Anyway, he gave an illustration about messy houses (YEP! THAT WOULD BE ME!) and how when you have company, if you don't have time to clean the whole house, you just close the doors to the messy rooms, and show guests only the clean ones (can I get a witness??). He made the comparison to the condition of our hearts. If you have an area of your heart that is full of darkness that you don't want God or anyone else to see, you "close the door" to that room and only show the part of you that looks good. It was a fabulous message! But I got to thinking... is there another parallel we can draw? Usually the condition of the heart manifests itself in the natural... My house is a disaster QUITE OFTEN... I have two boys, and we are constantly on the go (ball games, cub scouts, bible study, life group, etc etc etc). My house suffers. I truly hope my messy disorganization is not an indicator of spiritual things in my life... need to think and pray about this one. If I find a correlation, then I need to seriously "take inventory" again and "clean up" my life. I'll let you know what I discover.
Blessings!

No comments: