Sunday, April 06, 2008

My hubby rocks!

I am so proud of my husband for answering the call of God on his life. He received his call to preach at age 16, and after 20 years.... he finally preached his first church service today, and he did it as if he had been preaching for years! I was totally impressed, and God received all the glory! He preached his message with a major backache (injured at the gym just 1 day prior), but did it as if nothing was wrong. Amazing.

One very cool thing about this particular evening, is that after church was over, a couple from Tennessee showed up. He was a truck driver, she was his new wife, and they were making a delivery to the factory right behind the church we were at. They are apostolic and saw the church sign, thinking "Hey! Maybe they are having evening service!" (We weren't... they do one service from 2-4 pm). But we got to talking, and Sandy invited them to dinner with us at the house (we had a barbecue... yum!!!). We thoroughly enjoyed their company, and I think they were grateful for some good Christian fellowship! It is so neat how God orchestrates everything... He brought this couple right to the back door of the church for some much needed fellowship, and we happened to still be there!

Well, it's late and time to hit the sack. Pray for my husband that his back heals quickly so he can function at work. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!! I've heard my husband preach ONCE... pray that he answers his call!!!