Thursday, April 24, 2008



It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!!! WOW! I love the sun! Here in Vermont, we get an average of about 100 sunny days a year. Yep. That's it. Which means the other 265 days... not so much. Gray and yuck. And this week has been so beautiful... we've had 5 gorgeous sunny days in a row, which means we only have about 95 days of sun left (just kidding). I'll take it! Sun does something for ya! There is a condition called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) in which lack of sunshine brings on symptoms of depression, lack of energy, sleeping and eating too much, etc. The cure??? GOOD OL' SUNSHINE IN LARGE QUANTITIES! This is the reason people from the northeast retire to Florida! LOL! This is the reason my pastor heads to Florida for a well-earned vacation every year come February or March. Anyway, I love the sun, and I'm going to get outside and enjoy it! Lata!

2 comments:

Steve said...

I am afraid you are a little bit behind the times. It is no longer Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD); it is now known as Major Depressive Disorder - Seasonal. However, this doesn't make for as good an acronym.

Michelle said...

Hey, I don't have an ICD-9 manual, so you'll have to forgive me. LOL! Welcome home!