Friday, October 07, 2005

The good and the not so good

Ok, no pictures in this post! They are too much work, and I am just too tired! I thought that once the whirlwind weekend was over, I'd be able to relax! HA HA HA HA HA! Still tons occurring in life... some good, some not so good, but all in the hands of Jesus Christ.

First the exciting news! Monday evening as I was herding the boys toward the bedroom for bed, Adam turned the radio on before climing up to the top bunk. I grabbed the devotion book we read from every night, and began flipping the pages, looking for the correct page. Suddenly, I hear Adam sniffling up on the top bunk. I look up, and his hands are raised up in worship, with big tears rolling down his cheeks. Evidently, the song on the radio hit his heart like a torpedo! I continued looking for my page, when suddenly, he began to cry out to God, "Lord, I'm ready! I want the gift of the Holy Ghost! I want it NOW! Here, in my room! I don't have to be at church or general conference! You are here now, and I am ready!" I nearly had a heart attack! He has NEVER prayed out loud except for grace at meals! And he was praying deep prayer, FOR AN HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got stammering lips a couple times, and I was SURE he was going to start speaking in tongues! But he always reverted back to English. It was awesome to see! I know he will receive the Holy Ghost soon! Thank you, Jesus!

In other, more stressful news, my place of employment is in turmoil. I am a substitute teacher at 3 local schools in two school districts. The one I work at MOST OFTEN is currently planning a teacher strike beginning on Monday morning. This is bad for me. They will be closing all the schools in the district until they can reach a reasonable agreement. Although I will be way short on income now, I support the teachers as they battle the ridiculous attempts of the school board to essentially eliminate their health care coverage. I know that if I had to pay 20% of my health care premium, and then pay the first $3,000 in medical bills before they paid a dime, I'd be AHEAD if I just didn't have health insurance. THAT is ridiculous. The atmosphere at the school I work in is very very tense. I also feel bad for the kids. They will be making up all these strike days in the summer. NOT FAIR to them either. The school board needs to get their act together. For EVERYONE'S sake!

What else can I share? At 12:36 am, probably not much! I'm getting way too tired. Time to log off and GO TO BED. Blessings to you all!

No comments: