Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Astros are stressing me out!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... I am a die-hard Red Sox fan! Anyone who knows me knows that. But when they did the typical "fall choke", I had to find someone else to route for. I routed for the White Sox, and they came through with flying colors! The National League, however, has become a source of stress this evening! AAAHHHH!!!! I have become a temporary Astros fan, partly because of the intense enthusiasm of fellow blogger Bradley McDonald over at the Bench Warmer (reading his blog... how can you NOT route for the 'Stros???) and partly because of my next door neighbor's affection for them. Tonight, at the top of the 9th inning, they were ONE OUT AWAY from going to the world series..... but they choked! They lost the game! Have mercy! Tell me this is not happening....

In other, less stressful news, I had a wonderful visit this afternoon with a new friend named Melissa. She is an EMT in Bennington, and her husband is a methodist pastor down there. We had a wonderful time talking about family, the Lord, and teaching (which was why she came up here... to teach at Jason's EMT-B class this evening). We discussed the daughter work we have started down there, and she commented how Bennington is a "tough nut to crack" spiritually. As a pastor's wife, she should know... we should both pray in agreement that Bennington belongs to Jesus Christ!!! AMEN! I think I will email her and make that suggestion.

Please pray that I get a phone call to substitute tomorrow. PLEASE pray that the teacher strike where I usually work will come to an END soon! I need to get back to work!!! $$$$

Blessings!

No comments: