Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Official den mother

Well, it's official. Tonight at the pack meeting, I became the official co-den mother of the Pack 635 tiger cubs. It's okay. We're going to have tons of fun! I have lots of pictures for you to see this evening. First of all, I will share pictures of Adam and Nick with their "raingutter regatta" boats. It was pretty cool. They had 4 raingutters full of water, and two big box fans to blow the boats down the gutters in a race to the finish! Neat!


Adam's boat (#8) Posted by Picasa

Nick's boat (#25) Posted by Picasa


Turn on the fans and let the race begin! Posted by Picasa


THEN, we ended the meeting with the "mashed potato song". It goes to the tune of "Allouette". This is a song they learned at Camp Sunrise this summer... Sing with me!

Chorus
Mashed potatoes, I love mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes, they're the food for me.

Do you have them in your hair?



Posted by Picasa

(Sing chorus after each question with picture)

Do you have them in your ears?


Posted by Picasa

Do you have them in your armpits?


Posted by Picasa

Do you have them in your shoes?

Posted by Picasa


Do you have them in your socks?


Posted by Picasa

Do you have them in your shirt?


Posted by Picasa

Do you have them on your face?

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Mashed potatoes, I love mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes, they're the food for me.


LOL! Jason was a huge hit with the cubs, and Adam had tons of fun smothering his dad in stinky mashed potatoes! Having boys is just the best!!!

1 comment:

kellycoxsemple said...

When I was a camper many moons ago, it was ravioli.

Ravioli
Good old ravioli
Ravioli
Tastes so very good!

But we also extended it out a bit. Once covered from head to toe in ravioli, we asked "do I have some on the floor?" Then "do I have some on the wall?" Eventually, out the door, to the grass, up a tree, and onto a poor, unsuspecting squirrel! Admittedly, though, we never ACTUALLY smeared ravioli on ourselves, as apparently is the tradition with the mashed potatoes version of the song. Looks like fun!

Camp songs are great. One of my favorites is about an Austrian who goes yodelling on a mountain so high. :-)