Wednesday, September 14, 2005

An aside...

You know, I have been thinking. Reflecting. I began this blog to just talk about what it is like to be an apostolic mom, raising kids in an everyday kind of way, from a Christian perspective. I started out doing just that. Lately, all I do is just describe life... not a lot of spiritual-ness to it (there, Joey, I can make up words too! LOL!) Sorry. My friend Joe made up a word while he was leading Sunday morning service.... De-confuse. I thought it was great!

Anyway, I have succumbed to the temptation of using this blog to keep distant friends and family members abreast of what is happening in the very busy lives of the Ziters in Vermont. It has lost some of its spiritual flavor... so I will try to get back on track with future posts. I'm sorry! :(


Here is a spiritual thought... I am getting too busy again. Time to revisit my pastor's preaching ( at www.lifeteaching.com ) with regard to prioritizing your life. I just signed my younger son up for Tiger cub scouts tonight. I have NO PROBLEM with scouts... they are great! They focus on raising your son to be a person of strong moral character, good citizen, responsible, respectful, resourceful, etc etc etc. However, they do not have a tiger cub den leader for our pack, and I opened my BIG MOUTH and said I would "help". DUH! Why did I do that? Will you all pray for me? I need to learn to say NO! I am not as bad as my husband, who is completely unfamiliar with the word no, but it was a moment of weakness for me, and I guess I need prayer! My neighbors are beginning to comment that I am NEVER home anymore. They are noticing. I need to be a strong witness! They are watching! If I do too much and neglect the things that really matter in my family, it will not be a good witness to the wonderful souls in my building I am trying to reach for the Kingdom of God! So... if you don't have anything to pray about tonight, you can pray for ME. Thanks. :) Time to go do my dishes, fold my laundry, pick up my house, and read my Bible. Goodnight!

No comments: