Friday, September 02, 2005

Back to school... for me!

The boys went back to school yesterday. Today was MY first day back substituting in the classroom! How wonderful it felt to be back! I was at my favorite little school in Colchester today (I love the people there dearly!) and had the time of my life! Tomorrow, I will be subbing at my oldest son's new school... never been there before. This will be the perfect opportunity to get to know the people at his new digs. I love what I do!

I also received two phone calls this evening from my sons' soccer coaches... yikes! That time of year already! And I had completely forgotten that I signed them up! I planned two weekend trips in a row (one to Kittery, ME and one to Guildhall, VT). The games are on Saturdays... oops. Sorry coach! Oh well. The cool thing about soccer this year is that the games will be at the new Tree Farm Soccer fields right across the street from us! YES! We can walk or ride our bikes there! Nice! I totally love where we live!

Still no word on my classmates Charlie and Lisa, who live in Slidell, LA... all in our class of 1984 are holding our breaths waiting to hear if they are okay. They have four children.....

Enough for tonight. Time for bed. A freight train is plowing past my house right now at 11:15 pm... grrrr. Love to you all... keep praying for those in the south... and those in Taiwan being pummelled by typhoon Talim. The earth's weather is getting a bit out of hand, I think. It's like it is throwing a temper tantrum! I think it needs a spanking.... Good night!

No comments: