Saturday, September 03, 2005

Good news on my classmates

I spoke with Charlie's parents in Maine yesterday. Charlie and Lisa and their four children were able to evacuate in their RV to Lafayette, LA. That's where Lisa and the kids are now. Charlie is in the coast guard, so he is very busy right now working in the rescue/recovery effort out of Alexandria, LA. My other classmate, Tracy, and her family are headed back to Gulfport, MS to repair their home. Evidently, part of their roof caved in, so they need to get it fixed before it rains again and totally destroys their home. They headed home with enough supplies to last them about 4-5 weeks. I cannot imagine.

I'm feeling a bit "off" right now... will have to write more later. Check this out... on our church headquarters homepage, there is a picture of Chalmette, LA where one of our churches is... wow.

No comments: