Saturday, May 03, 2008

Thoughts about music

After a day off from work and a visit to the doctor's office, I now have some prescription allergy medicine, and it is working pretty good (not great, just pretty good). At least I feel semi-human again, and can be somewhat functional around the house.

Speaking of my house... it is very quiet here right now. Jason and the kids (Adam, Nick, Josh, and Taylor) are at the pool and I am here enjoying the peace and quiet. God is good... he knows just what His children need. I have been listening to lots of new worship music the past couple days, trying to add to my songbook repertoire... but it is not as easy as it seems. Many of the new songs are guitar driven, and just don't sound right when played only on piano. My songbook is in desperate need of some upbeat songs! But without a guitar player.... I don't know. I'll give them a try. My church doesn't seem too receptive to new music... but I will press on. They DID like the new Clint Brown song I introduced, called "I Love You". It's a slow worship chorus. It's hard to find upbeat songs that please everyone... we have such diverse age groups in the church... oh well. I need to please ONE PERSON... and that is Jesus Christ. If He is pleased with what I play and sing, then the rest will take care of itself.

Well, I am going to take advantage of the quiet and spend some time with the Lord. I pray that you have a wonderful time of praise and worship at your home church tomorrow! Praise Him like tomorrow is the last day you have here! God bless you!

3 comments:

Grammie Betimes said...

Michelle, you do an awesome job in worship. New songs are good. Old standards are good. The songs that praise are good. The songs that tell the story of Jesus Christ and His saving grace are good. Yikes, look at this...it's all good! Don't even look at the congregation expectantly, you are worshipping with your whole heart and soul and THAT is so pleasing to God.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Mom! I love you! ; )

VTBeanbag said...

Michelle,
I love that you have been introducing new music at church. :) And doing a great job at it, I might add. :)

I think that New England in general has a resistance to "new" things... they think that if it is NEW, then it can't be as good as the old stuff that they already love. :)

Keep on keeping on... eventually the new stuff will be the "old" comfortable stuff...

Love ya. You are doing a good job.

Bekah