Tuesday, May 20, 2008

For better or for worse...in all areas of life.

I am challenged. This blog is here to display the life of a Christian mom... for better or for worse. But what do you do when the worse is private? When you CAN'T share what you are experiencing because to do so would violate confidences? I find myself wanting to blog... sitting down, logging in... and then logging out because I can't really express what I am feeling and going through.

So, I will focus on the little things. The things that bring me joy in the midst of the storm. They may not seem exciting to you, but to me, they are an oasis... a place of rest from the oppressive feelings of frustration.

My husband. He is my number one joy (next to Jesus, of course). I love him so much... there just aren't words. It thrills my heart to hear him preaching the gospel from church to church! It thrills my heart that he preached his message this Sunday twice... once to the church, but FIRST, to his 87 year old grandmother who isn't well enough to get to the church, in her kitchen! He's my hero. And probably hers, as well.

My children. They are such a blessing! My oldest went away on a field trip to Old Sturbridge Village and Plimouth Plantation in Mass. for three days, and I never knew three days could feel so long! I really missed him! He went down with $18 in spending money. He bought a girl he has liked for two years now an indian bracelet (which she wore to school today, I might add... that thrilled Adam to no end) and the rest of the $18 he spent on ...................................
Candy.
Yes... candy. Over $10 worth. Because Mom wasn't there, and that is what children do when the parental authority isn't there with them... LOL! Oh well.

Work. I really enjoy my job, and I wouldn't trade it for any other job! Today, the first grade classes were abuzz because today was chick hatching day!!! By day's end today, we had 6 chicks hatched, and many many eggs with pipp holes and tiny beaks poking out! Cute! By tomorrow, we should have a grand host of chicks peeping and being adorable! The 2nd graders (whom I work with) are green with envy! LOL!

My friends. I don't have a ton of them, but I have to tell you that Sandy is someone I can just hang with and relax and be myself, good or bad, and she is not even bothered by it. You are wonderful, Sandini!!!! (Don't stress over school decisions right now... take it one moment at a time, ok?)

So, now that you know the good parts of my life, you can pray for me and my family regarding the rougher areas of life. I appreciate every one of you out there in bloggerville!! Feel free to leave a comment! Peace out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Sis!

Thanks for your visit to my blog. I know what you are feeling. I have a HUGE issue in my life right now that I cannot post about until it is all over with.

We are so under attack from Satan lately I cannot even begin to tell you! BUT... my husband has an awesome testimony that is going to appear later tonight on my blog... so even when things are going bad bad bad the Lord shows us in sometimes unbelievable ways that He is with us and cares for us!

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm just getting a chance to read this post my comment will probably be the same. Thanks so much for acknowledging that we are friends. Building this honest and trustworthy relationship/friendship with you and your family has been the greatest experience of my life. I wouldn't exchange the time we have spent together for anything. You are all loved very much through the good and the bad!!!