Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Thankful for truth

I just want to take a moment to say that I am thankful for truth. Especially THE truth... God's Word. But really, truth seems to have become quite an ugly word here in the 21st century. It seems that these days, truth is not defined as black and white. Truth is now "relative". If I look at a red apple and say, "The apple is red.", that is the TRUTH. But if someone looks at the red apple and says, "The apple is purple with green spots." just because that is what they want to say it is, that is not the truth at all... but for whatever reason, it seems to be the truth to them. Because it is what suits them. Really, people can "re-define" ANYTHING to make it suit what they want. If I want to redefine the word "marriage" because the current definition doesn't fit with the way I want to live, then HEY! Why not? Just because I create a new definition does NOT mean that the actual TRUE definition is now false.

The reason I am on this little rant is because of a news story I just read on one of my local news websites. It seems that Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH has decided to re-define the word GENDER. Okay. I looked it up in my Merriam-Webster Dictionary here at home. Here is what I found:
gender - 1. the condition of being male or female; sex. 2. Females or males considered as a group.

The American Heritage dictionary says this:
gender - 1. the sex of an individual, male or female, based on reproductive anatomy.
So... Dartmouth now has what they call a "gender neutral" dorm, where MALES AND FEMALES can both live and "discuss" what they think the word
gender should mean (not what it actually means). They have a poster that is divided in half. One side says "GENDER IS..." and the other says "GENDER IS NOT...". Darmouth tells us that gender IS NOT 1. male and female, 2. a person's sex, 3. determined by a person's anatomy. They tell us that gender IS 1. feminine, butch, androgynous, 2. a social role expectation.

So, there you have it. The next time you fill out an application for your driver's license or whatever, when it says GENDER... you can put whatever you want, whether it is true or not. THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE..... NOT!!!

Okay. So what does the WORD OF GOD have to say about this? Because the Word of God is TRUTH, no matter what anyone thinks.... God WILL have the last word on all things... guaranteed. People's lame definitions will mean nothing in the end. God defines gender in this way....
Gender - Genesis 1:27 -
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. (NLT)

Hmm... let's see... who do I believe... mixed up people at a college, or GOD? I place all bets on GOD'S WORD being truth. The media and the colleges can say what they want, but I know in whom I have believed.
John 17:17 says:
  • Sanctify them by the truth, you're word is truth. (NIV)
  • Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. (NLT)
  • Make them holy - consecrated - with the truth; Your word is consecrating truth. (MSG)
  • Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth. (KJV)
Spoken by Jesus Himself!!

Okay... I'm done for now. When people read this post, they'll either shout AMEN, or they'll be deeply offended by my "intolerance" of their definition. Ya know what? If people want to justify their sinful lifestyles, go right ahead. I am not here to "be God". I love people. Just remember what I wrote here and what God's word has to say... because someday they will have to answer for their choices.

No comments: