Friday, May 05, 2006

Nancy Grandquist concert review

WOW. Yep. That is what I have to say. This "concert" really wasn't a concert as much as it was a POWERFUL time of worshipping the Lord. The Holy Ghost was there in a sweet and powerful way this evening. The songs were fun and anointed at the same time. She sang lots of old time religion songs that go waaaaay back. She sang songs by some of the great singers of pentecost, like the McGruders and such. Her spontaneous worship at the keyboard was deep, leading us deeper into His presence. The Lord moved in such a beautiful way during the altar call. I wanted to stay till the end. I REALLY wanted the opportunity to actually MEET Nancy. But...

I had a pressing engagement at home with my 9 year old that I could not miss. He told me on the phone that he was ready to talk about what was bothering him when he got off the bus this afternoon, so I rushed out of the service and home to my son. I'm so glad I did. I want him to know that I am there for him, always willing to listen and support him. I don't want him feeling like he's less important than a "church service". He already knows that GOD is my top priority... but "services" do NOT come before family needs. I see the proper Godly order in life as 1. GOD 2. Husband 3. children 4. church 5. other stuff. I place church services AFTER my family, because in essence, those children are my "church". If I go to church services and neglect their needs, they will not see the benefit of serving God. To them, God will be something that took away the ones whom they depend on. Yes, there is a balance, and my children will grow up knowing the essential priority of putting God and service to God above other activities in everyday life.

Okay, done preaching. I must thank the ladies' dept. of our district for bringing Nancy here from California. She was a tremendous blessing to us here in the NH/VT district.

Today was an absolutely GORGEOUS spring day in Vermont! I took a couple pictures of the blue sky, white fluffy clouds, and "spring green" baby leaves bursting forth on the trees, which is about killing those of us with severe spring allergies! Once I have the opportunity to download them off the camera, I will post them up here. Until then, here is a prime offender in the pollen department, but my #1 absolute most favorite flower in the world! I am convinced that this is what heaven smells like...




They are only in bloom for 4-10 days, but sometimes the best things in life are brief and fleeting.... the lilacs here should be in full bloom in the next 3 weeks!

Blessings to you all! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

kellycoxsemple said...

My friend, the poet in you has peeked out! And I agree. I, too, believe that heaven smells of lilacs. :-) Happy Spring.