Saturday, May 27, 2006

Memorial Day Happenings


Hello all! Happy Memorial Day! Hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends today. We started our day with the memorial day parade here in town. Both boys were in the parade, as well as my husband. Good thing my mother-in-law and her husband came to watch the parade with me, or it would have been pretty lonely! Here are a few pictures....




This is the HUGE flag suspended over the parade route between two ladder trucks from area fire departments.




This is Adam on the first part of the cub scout float...




And this is Nick on the second part of the cub scout float.
My mother-in-law risked life and limb running in front of the fire truck to get a picture of Jason driving... so that picture is on HER camera. I'll edit this post and add that picture here once she emails the pic to me.

This next picture is one of my FAVORITES from the whole parade....



Ladies and gentlemen-this is a GORGEOUS 1965 RED MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE!!
What a beautiful piece of machinery. Mmmmm, mmmm! I wouldn't mind owning one of those, I'll tell ya!

Anyway, a couple more pics for ya....




Those of you from my church will recognize this amazing woman! This is Sis. Margaret from the New Alpha Baptist church, and she was singing her HEART out on that float today, along with the other choir members. That trailer they were on was bouncing back and forth so much with the rhythmn of the choir members singing and clapping their hands! It was cool! And lastly....




This is Craig and I... my husband and I are great friends with Craig and his wife Lisa. He is on the fire dept as well as the local rescue squad. Today he was marching with rescue. When I hollered out his name, he came running over, grabbed my camera, and said, "I've always wanted to do this when your husband wasn't around!" And he held out the camera and snapped our picture! It was so funny! I showed the picture to Jason, and he cracked up! Craig is a great guy!

So, those are the parade pictures of the day. The rest of the day consisted of a fire dept. barbeque, a visit to my mom and Ray's yard sale, where I managed to save my three LOVERBOY albums from being sold, and then off to my mother-in-law's house for an afternoon Home and Garden party, which was very fun! Here is a picture of my latest purchase from them (x2)...

My boys are wiped out, and not feeling so good this evening... we may have pushed too hard too soon after their sickness... I pray they don't relapse because that would be the pits for EVERYONE!!!!

Well, that is all for this evening. We are hoping to get our stuff back onto our brand new deck, so we can begin enjoying the evenings outside again! See ya soon!

No comments: