Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Little league, musical, and pajama day!

Hello all! YES, it has been too long since I have been here to blab about my busy life! But believe me, it's been BUSY! In a good way, though! First, let's start with Little League sign-ups. Before you read this, please refresh your memory by reading this link from last May toward the end of baseball season. I believe the general idea was PLEASE DON'T LET ME MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN! Well, I did not heed my own advice, and we are signed up for another season. This year, I think I will plan ahead and buy 6 weeks worth of frozen dinners, lots of Raman Noodles, boxed mac 'n' cheese, and cereal.

Wednesday, my boys and I attended a musical put on by the students in the school I teach in called "My Town, My World". It was really fun! I was so proud of the kids, that at the end I jumped up and gave them a standing ovation! I was the only person in the auditorium to do so. But the parents weren't THERE in the classroom watching all the HARD WORK involved to get them ready for this show... I was! I KNEW how hard they worked! I was so proud of them, I didn't even CARE that I was the only one! The kids all saw me and BEAMED!!! It was cool!

Thursday, Nick was diagnosed with a double ear infection.... yippee. That meant a day off for him (and me) on Friday. He was a miserable little guy... he cried a lot, because his ears hurt so much. TWELVE teachers/instructional assistants called out sick on that same day! THE POOR SECRETARY didn't have a chance!! Twelve substitutes??? I think NOT!

Saturday was the annual Penguin Plunge to raise money for Special Olympics. I understand that over 800 people made the plunge into the icy lake this year, including one of the second grade students in my class! He raised over $500! WAY TO GO BRETT!!! He's nuts!

My son Nick did his own version of the penquin plunge on the same day. We attended the annual Pack Meeting sledding party, and at the bottom of the hill is a brook about 1-2 feet deep. Nicolas managed to fall in, and get drenched. Some of the cub parents were using the marshmallow toasting sticks to hold his socks over the fire. Does anyone want to guess how much water the wool lining of a winter boot can hold???? The answer is A WHOLE LOT!

Tonight was the annual B.R.E.A.D. banquet, courtesy of our wonderful church! B.R.E.A.D. is a Bible-reading program that helps you to read the Bible through in one year. Here is a link to show you what the program sort of looks like. Anyway, those people who do accomplish this task are treated out to dinner at a VERY nice restaurant. It is a wonderful time of fellowship. I really enjoyed myself. I sat with the sweet members of my Life group! Thanks, Pastor, for a great dinner!

What else can I interest you in? Tomorrow is the 100th day of school where I work, and it is also Valentine's Day, and it is also PAJAMA DAY! How much work do you think will get accomplished tomorrow? I'm guessing NOT MUCH! Even the teachers are going to school in their jammies! I am wearing a black jumper (regular clothes) with my bathrobe over it, and my slippers. I am also bringing a BIG teddy bear! Will be fun!

Well, that is about all for now. I will close with a few pics of my boys. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow, and remember who loves you the best!


Nick and his buddy Dylan

Nick watching cartoons (the blank look)

Adam with his finished scout project for Blue and Gold banquet

Adam relaxed and chillin'

Aren't they wonderful? I'm a biased mom... can't help it! Bye for now!

No comments: