Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tigger

I'm not sure why, but I went back to work today... feeling about as lousy as I felt Thursday and Friday. I have an appt. with my doctor tomorrow.

My wonderful brother-in-law called me this afternoon. He sounded very upset and was wanting to talk to his brother, who, unfortunately, was on a firecall. So he told me what was up. One of their cats, named Tigger, was outside today, and apparently was shot. The cat made its way back to the house (over a mile) with his back left leg barely hanging on by a thread of muscle. Needless to say, Stacy was VERY upset, but she handled it like a pro. And their daughter Meghan prayed for Tigger and comforted him, telling him, "It's OK Tigger, Jesus will take care of you. You will be fine." Ah, the faith of a child! I believe that is why Tigger, minus one leg, is still alive. The vet was clear that there was NO reason this cat should still be alive. Even he called it a miracle. So, although the leg had to be amputated, Tigger is a healthy, strong cat who is expected to make a full recovery. Ben says that now he will be living up to his namesake... BOUNCING around the house in true Tigger fashion! We will be going up to visit Tigger soon. Poor kitty! :(

No comments: