Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A trip beyond the border!

Well! I returned from Maine to find my house still standing, and to discover that the boys had an EXCELLENT time at the birthday party...even without Mom! They played all the games, did the pinata, and played 1/2 hour of soccer!

Today was my son's ACTUAL birthday! And to celebrate? We took a trip beyond the US border to Montreal for a visit to the Biodome! It was awesome! We saw monkeys, a capybara, the largest macaw parrots in the world, crocodiles, turtles, a bobcat, lots of HUGE fish, a batcave FULL of hundreds of flying bats, and my favorite... the penguins! They are the coolest! Our sons had a great time, and we are now broke! (hee hee hee). It wasn't THAT bad. And it was definitely worth it! In my opinion, sometimes "experience" gifts are better than the ones you open up and throw in the toybox.

My one huge boo-boo? I forgot to cancel my Tuesday evening Bible study with my friends... they were waiting for me to show up, and I was out of the country... oops. My bad. I will definitely need to make that one up to them!

Blessings till next time (baseball has begun... posts may be short for the next 6 weeks! AHHHH!).

No comments: