Sunday, October 21, 2007

Powerful repentance

Well... I am not sure I can do this post justice. Sometimes you just can't put into words what happens in a spiritual atmosphere. Tonight's church service was unprecedented. The Holy Ghost was moving in a powerful "undercurrent" as my pastor accurately described it. It was obvious that God was up to something. We just weren't prepared for WHAT. Our pastor had prepared a message and even gave us the title this morning of what he intended to preach tonight. BUT, during the worship tonight, the Lord changed the message. Our pastor preached for about 5 minutes, and the message was unnerving. The call to repentance went out, and he told us that if we walked out the door instead of falling before God in prayer, it wasn't him we were blowing off, it was God. I didn't even LOOK behind me to see if anyone left. I just hit my knees. THEN... God uttered a message through the pastor of the Burlington church (we know that because my pastor got the SAME EXACT message in his spirit, but Bro. Lyon spoke it out first). And the rebuke was pretty intense. And my pastor cried out, ( I will not tell you what he cried out) and everyone just hit the floor crying out to God. This went on for, wow, I don't even know how long... definitely 30 minutes... maybe longer. I don't know. You lose track of time in the presence of God, because in His presence, time doesn't matter. All I know is that I felt much better when I was done praying. I am sure that those of you who were not there aren't making much sense of this. It is even hard for me to process, and I was there. All I can tell you is that I have lots to change in my life, and I came clean with God on ALL of it! It is becoming VERY CLEAR that time is growing very short. His return is imminent, and right around the corner. Those not ready (the way the BIBLE says to be ready, not the hundreds of denominations that say any way is okay) will have NO time to change their minds once He has come. My favorite quote still stands... Eternity is TOO LONG to be WRONG. God I want to be right with you! And I will stay on my knees and in constant contact with you to be sure I am! I love you too much to fail you now!

No comments: