Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nothing deep, just hanging out

Well... I really want to get on here and write something spiritually profound... but I just don't have anything deep to write. This is a four day weekend for the boys and I because of a state-wide teacher's convention, and we are simply hanging out and relaxing. Actually I am getting things done around the house that have needed "doing" for a while. For example... the sleeping bags from our soggy camping adventure are still in my living room, needing to go back down in storage. I have a list a mile long of things I need to get done. Four days off is a great way to accomplish that!!! Adam has Josh over for the day, and Nick is in and out of the house with Elizabeth and Taylor.

Adam had his testing last night for his rank advancement to orange belt. WOW!!! That was some intense testing! They went non-stop for two hours, and at the end, one boy named Adam from a neighboring school very nearly passed out on the floor. They worked HARD! I am so proud of him! He broke a board using a back kick, and was complimented by the master instructor on his ability to keep his hands up during sparring when he was getting exhausted. His belt ceremony is Saturday morning. I will put up some pictures for you then.

Adam is also taking trumpet lessons and starts practicing with the band this coming week! He's pretty excited.

I just want to end by saying that God has been so good to us, and I am eternally grateful for his blessings in our lives. Thank you Jesus for your hand on each of us!

No comments: