Saturday, October 20, 2007

Our son the orange belt

Hmm... I think I will type in orange today, since it is a special color for this day. Today was the belt ceremony for Moo Gong Do and Adam received his orange belt rank advancement. We are so proud of him. Here are some pictures from today's celebration.


Adam receiving his gup from Master Allen.


Adam receiving his orange belt from a black belt.


Look at that... doesn't he look good in an orange belt?? Maybe I'm just biased.....


Group photo of all testers.


There was also a little ceremony honoring JGN Chapman for 10 years in MGD. He received a sword, and told a little bit about all the obstacles he's had to overcome to achieve his current rank as black belt. Those obstacles include having CP and fighting cancer, but he was clear that they were not his biggest obstacles. I was moved by his testimony, and thought to myself how much I desire to stand before Jesus as an overcomer!!!! Here are a couple pictures of him receiving his sword. Very cool.




So there it is. We had a great time, and Adam, you worked very hard for this rank and we are very proud of you.... you deserve it! Love ya buddy!

No comments: