Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Romance as a love language

Hey there! Been a while since I've done the blogging thing. Sorry to be like a "cobweb" here in my corner of the web. :-(

Anyway, I am recovering from my illness, and feel like a fully functioning human being again. (Thank you Jesus!)

I must admit that my weekend was an interesting one. My husband is a hopeless romantic, and has accused me of being totally UNromantic, usually accompanied by the story of our tenth anniversary where he had HUGE ideas, but made the mistake of asking me what I wanted to do... and I said, "Let's go to an Expos game! (local baseball team). He was NOT impressed.... I am usually the one who says, "Oh, you wanted a card for our anniversary?? I'm sorry." Yeah, romance isn't my strong hand.

Anyway.... this year I decided to prove him wrong! I planned a romantic evening, with a special gift to spring on him because he will be gone for Valentine's day weekend. After a very nice evening (thank you Ben and Stacy), I told him that I had a little something for him. I handed him a small box. He smirked, knowing my ability level in this area. When he opened the lid, there was a small black velvet box inside. His eyes grew wide and looked at me... (the look was priceless). No... this is NOT what I think it is.... "Well... open it!" I insist. He does.... inside is a new wedding band, because he lost his original 2 years ago. It was my finest moment!! I did it! I did the ultimate romantic thing, and it worked! He was so thrilled, and so was I!

Tonight in our life group, the topic was communication. We talked about the Five Love Languages (book by Gary Chapman) regarding how love is communicated to people. These are the five: 1. Words of Affirmation 2. Quality Time 3. Receiving Gifts 4. Acts of Service and 5. Physical Touch. My husband's primary love language is touch, but the gifts are one that he really likes too! So now, he is showing off his "gift" to everyone, and he is feeling very much loved (he IS very much loved!!!).

Also, today is the last day of January, and our entire family is caught up and current in our Bible reading programs! YAY! We will celebrate this weekend! One month down, eleven to go!

Time for beddy by!! Lata!

1 comment:

Aleah said...

That's sweet.