Saturday, January 20, 2007

c-c-c-cold....

Hello all! I am here in my house trying to defrost. Today was our cub scout pack sliding party, and it was a blast! We had a great turnout, and the bonfire was so hot you could barely get near it! We had all manner of yummy food, and the kids had a ball on the hill. It was only 10 degrees, with a wind chill of -15, but scouts are hardy types... we don't care! My feet are numb and I smell like smoke, but I am smiling because the adult fellowship was worth it. :-) I don't know what we will do next year, as Mr. Fraser will not be our pack master, and the sliding party is always at his place. We'll need a new location I suppose. We'll see what the future brings. Today, however, brings a warm shower and a nice cup of hot cocoa! *grin*.

In other news, today was the first district choir rehearsal for the 2007 camp concert on June 30th. My husband, Sandy, and John and Grace Lyon traveled down together. This is Sandy's first year, and she was scared to death to audition. But she did it, and is now an official alto! Yay! Way to go, Sandy! This year's concert promises to be the best ever! And last year's was so powerfully anointed, I don't know how you could top it! But God never works in reverse, so I am convinced this year's concert will top last years!

Time for my warm shower! Bye!

No comments: